Yesterday I spent some time with fifth grade during their "Starbucks mode" blogging session. I was amazed to see all the kiddos so focused and typing away. I was curious about what they were gonna slice about. A family members birthday? A game they played yesterday? Will there be sad slices? Happy slices? My slice is about them... Will theirs be about me? It's always so amazing as a teacher to be able to learn about our students and share in different conversations about all the different things. Sometimes, however, there are those students who are more reserved and blogging is a wonderful way for them to have their little voices heard and allows us to get to know them. I cannot wait to read all of their little thoughts.
Gratitude On this last day of the blogging challenge I woke up feeling grateful. Grateful for the opportunity to participate in this challenge that forces me to find small parts of my day that stick out just enough to write about it. Grateful for waking up on this beautiful island on day two if our spring break vacation. Grateful for all the people I have around me everyday. Grateful for the opportunity I get to sit with the little humans and enhance their already wonderful minds. Grateful for my beautiful little family. And most importantly, grateful for this wonderful life.
It is interesting and amazing to see where a writer's thoughts will take them no matter what the age of the writer is.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy having my students blog as well. So much I get to discover about them that I don't necessarily see in class. I would really like to do the Slice challenge with students someday, but it doesn't always work out with my teaching schedule.
ReplyDeleteIt was so nice and peaceful in there! We should join them again :)
ReplyDeletePlease come again! :)
DeleteAre they going to blog through the challenge? I would love to introduce my students to blogging, so I really enjoy hearing your observations of them as they write - and "Starbucks mode" is a great phrase.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet slice! It's so much fun to watch them write and then read their blog posts. It's great to get that glimpse into their lives that we don't always get to see throughout the day.
ReplyDelete