I open my eyes and peek at my phone to look at the time. OMG!! It’s 6:50 I yell to my husband as I jump out of bed freaking out that I have to be out of the house at 7:15 to go to work. I run to the bathroom kicking myself for not having remembered to set my alarm. I look in the mirror at my disheveled hair thinking about how I’m going to tame it and get ready in less than 15 minutes. I rush to grab my phone so I can text my bff/coworker to vent to her that I woke up late. I start typing a message to her and I notice a text that she sent late in the evening yesterday about her having gotten home from dinner. I stop in my tracks because I know very well that she wouldn’t be getting home late on a work night (we pride ourselves in early bed times) and I walk over to my husband and ask; “What day is it?” “It’s Saturday...” he replies. I put my phone down and get back into bed, heart still pounding and ask him why he laid there watching me as I ran around frantically. He just responds “I don’t know?” We both giggle fall back to sleep.
Gratitude On this last day of the blogging challenge I woke up feeling grateful. Grateful for the opportunity to participate in this challenge that forces me to find small parts of my day that stick out just enough to write about it. Grateful for waking up on this beautiful island on day two if our spring break vacation. Grateful for all the people I have around me everyday. Grateful for the opportunity I get to sit with the little humans and enhance their already wonderful minds. Grateful for my beautiful little family. And most importantly, grateful for this wonderful life.
Hahaha - been there! Nothing quite like those moments of terror and amazement at yourself for being so forgetful. The only emotion close to it is that wonderful realization of the actual mistake you made. And you captured it all so well here!
ReplyDeleteThat's the worst feeling! I'm so glad you could get back in bed!
ReplyDeleteHahaha! I'm impressed that you went back to bed; those morning freak outs are the worst! Tomorrow is the last day of our March break - I'm afraid my Monday morning panic will be real.
ReplyDeleteOh no! At least you got a slice out of it.
ReplyDeleteI would never have been able to get back to sleep after that adrenaline rush! You capture so much thinking and action here.
ReplyDeleteHaha!! Horrible feeling 🤪 glad I got you on track with my text! ❤️
ReplyDelete