3:00 I get the text from my daughter that she is on her way to the hot dog joint with her friends. I feel comfortable knowing she is with a group of friends. 3:10 I get a text from my daughter that they arrived to the restaurant. And I sit and wait, looking at the clock as it inches closer to the time we agreed that I would pick her up. One hour passes by and I get the text that she is done and ready to come home. I instantly feel relief because I know I am a short drive away from her sweet face. I hop in my car and two minutes later I see her smiling face with walking towards the car with a delicious chocolate milkshake with rainbow sprinkles in her hand. Not too bad for our first time. Looking forward to her being able to spend more fun times with her friends (sans mom panic).
Gratitude On this last day of the blogging challenge I woke up feeling grateful. Grateful for the opportunity to participate in this challenge that forces me to find small parts of my day that stick out just enough to write about it. Grateful for waking up on this beautiful island on day two if our spring break vacation. Grateful for all the people I have around me everyday. Grateful for the opportunity I get to sit with the little humans and enhance their already wonderful minds. Grateful for my beautiful little family. And most importantly, grateful for this wonderful life.
This went great for a first time! I love the way you draw the reader into the suspense as you wait to go pick her up.
ReplyDeleteHooray for her newfound independence. Chocolate milkshakes with sprinkles all around! You do a great job here juxtaposing her responsibility and your fear - then celebrating when things work out. Here's to more fun times and less mom panic! Great last line.
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you! I know that was SO difficult! I completely feel your anxiety waiting for her text!
ReplyDelete