On Saturday mornings my husband usually gets up around 7 and heads to work for a few hours. I usually stay home and get stuff done around the house as I await his return. This morning I decided to switch things up a bit and came to work with him. My cousin Alex is also employed in his agency and was at the office when we arrived. I decided I would sit and visit with Alex as he ate a cheese danish and green juice that I brought him from Starbucks . We chatted for a few. He finished his danish and I guess he was still hungry because he got up to go to the kitchen to grab a takeout box from the fridge. Before I continue, I must preface by explaining that my cousin Alex is a rare breed of human. He’s the kind of guy that will talk you in circles, never a dull moment, and he has the most “creative” taste buds. He will eat things that one would think do not go together. At this point I’m nervous as to the the contents of this takeout box. He opens it and low and behold I see two pieces of bruschetta. Face to palm. Bruschetta for breakfast? Only Alex. We continue chatting as I sit there watching him enjoy the cold bruschetta and green juice not being able to wrap my head around how this combination could satisfy his pallet. Once again. Only Alex.
Gratitude On this last day of the blogging challenge I woke up feeling grateful. Grateful for the opportunity to participate in this challenge that forces me to find small parts of my day that stick out just enough to write about it. Grateful for waking up on this beautiful island on day two if our spring break vacation. Grateful for all the people I have around me everyday. Grateful for the opportunity I get to sit with the little humans and enhance their already wonderful minds. Grateful for my beautiful little family. And most importantly, grateful for this wonderful life.
Here's to the different ones !
ReplyDeleteI can't even imagine that combo! To each their own I suppose!
ReplyDeleteJust reading the title of your post, I laughed. Remember-- everyone is unique just like those little fancy flakes we saw the other day ;)
ReplyDeleteYuck to cold bruschetta--but then again, I've never tried it, so perhaps with green juice it's just the thing!
ReplyDelete